Call us crazy but since Scott has two months between the end of his residency training and the beginning of his career as a doctor, we decided to make some memories.
Tomorrow we embark on an up to 7 week road trip in our Subaru outback with three children ages five and under. It’s “up to” 7 weeks because we reserve the right to shorten it if necessary.
The Big Summer has already begun though. The following have already transpired (though not in this order):
- Daniel (9 months) grabbed an unsuspecting flight attendant’s bottom
- We celebrated Canada Day in Victoria, B. C.
- We celebrated July 4th in Moses Lake, Washington.
- Caitlyn got terribly seasick on a ferry crossing and depleted our supply of wet wipes to near-perilous levels.
- We happily purchased frozen mangoes on a stick at a night market. Now that’s what I call a treat!
- The airline lost 5 out of the 6 items we checked. So we are down to a carseat plus what we carried on. Here’s hoping those bags turn up before we load up in the car tomorrow.
- Scott started reading the Chronicles of Narnia to our family and finished reading The Princess Bride to me. I now love bedtime. He does all the voices with accents and everything!
- Thanks to wonderful family members, Scott and I had our first trip just the two of us since having kids. We loved every minute of the two days and nights and talked and hiked and laughed and went to a friend’s beautiful wedding and visited our future hometown and got mastitis (ok, that was just me and it was less than enjoyable). We even saw “Cats” (I’ll save the unitard commentary for another time. )