Don’t think that title is exactly accurate? Well, my nephew Ethan is pretty popular and he demands that I blog once again. So there you have it.
It’s been a whirlwind couple of weeks but that’s no excuse for blog lag. Here’s a nice (read: short) update in the form of a top 10 list:
The Top 10 Things that Come to Mind When I Think About the Last Two Weeks
- California will always be A home for me. Scott and I make our own home wherever we go, but spending the holidays in CA made me realize how much I love it out there. The beautiful bay area has a lot to offer (not to mention my family and my dog).
- Woah baby I’ve got some cute nieces and nephews! Want proof?
Ok, I confess. I shamelessly stole the images from Sister-in-laws’ blogs. But, what’s a proud Auntie to do?
- Running is so much fun. I was all signed up to do a 20k in the wetlands overlooking Sausalito and San Francisco Bay, and a 10k in the Baylands. Clearly, a perfect way to ring in Christmas and New Years, respectively. Unfortunately, due to a recently busted knee, I was forced to walk. 😦 I managed about 17/20k alone, enjoying the views and the peace of nature. Then, I walked a 5k with my mom and Cobi and enjoyed the company of lots of marsh birds. I miss running, though.
- You can still ski on a busted knee. It hurts, but not enough to worry about. Thanks Dad, Scott, Paul, and Alex for a very memorable ski/snowboard trip at Squaw Valley in Tahoe. There wasn’t nearly enough snow, but with my dad being the fabulous photographer that he is, he managed to get quite a few great shots of me trying to stay dry. 🙂
- When my mom buys an outfit to walk the dogs in, she means business. See number 4, in which Anne wears said dog oufit to Squaw Valley. Note: Anne accidentally went down a few black diamonds and did NOT avoid falling on her butski. However, she did remain dry. End third person.
- We have amazing friends. From Christmas cards and unexpected gifts (Hi Jimmy 🙂 ) in the mail to dropping by with homemade treats, fun holiday decor, and a lamp for our living room (nope, not kidding… I TOLD you our friends are amazing!) to a 1 am airport pick-up, we’ve been very blessed.
- Buy wrapping paper at Costco next year. Trust me. Unless of course, you bought it THIS year, in which case it will last you the rest of your life. 🙂
- Eat only whole plant foods and you’ll never have to count calories again. I absolutely stuffed myself every day of December and feel great. No meat, no dairy, avoiding refined sugars and flours… it’s not as hard as you might think. Hey, veggies are pretty good once you give them a try (right, Mark?)
- I. Love. My. Job. And, I’m not the only one with a SmugMug-obsession. Around the holidays especially, we hear lots of “thank-yous” from avid SmugMuggers who write in to tell us how much our clean, no-hassle photo-sharing has helped them stay in touch with their families. Ooh, it feels good.
- My husband loves me. Why else would he buy me Dance Dance Revolution for Christmas and say “Honey, you’re a dancing fool” with a smile? Ok, so the “dancing fool” part may have been an editorial-addition, but he has seen me dance and STILL bought me that wonderful game because he knew my heart desired it. Pictures will not be forthcoming.
Back to unpacking, working, and munching on leafy greens. 🙂