The microwave is down. I repeat, the microwave is down.
Scott was warming up some curry for an 11 pm snack and we heard a “pop”. Upon further inspection, it appears our microwave has been cooked, literally.
Based on the standard “fix-it” times we’ve seen at our apartment complex, it could be fixed by the time I finish this blog post. On the other hand, it could take much, much longer.
Just in case, I’m planning on warming up leftovers by vigorously rubbing the outside of the bowl for years to come.
UPDATE: My newest blog reader was eager for an update (thanks Jess!) so here it is:
The clock came back on an hour after the meltdown. So, naturally, we assumed it worked. Then, 5 days later, we tried to actually use it and it doesn’t work at all.
Fortunately, in our hidden treasure trove of kitchen appliances in our basement, we had OUR microwave that we schlepped out here from Utah. So now, it is occupying a place of honor on our kitchen table. I really hope our apartment management comes through and replaces the built-in microwave soon!