So, our next Healthy Mind and Bodies Group Meeting is tomorrow and it just occurred to me that I should include my blogging public in this as well.
Here are the guidelines I emailed to the women who usually attend (I forgot that my few but fabulous blog readers might want in on the exchange as well):
We’ll finally be exchanging healthy recipes!
As we’ve learned, everyone has a different idea of what constitutes “healthy”. You’re welcome to contribute whichever recipes you’d like, but in an effort to break out of our typical fare, I’d suggest trying recipes that don’t have cheese or refined grains. As an extra challenge, try recipes that don’t center around meat, and instead are focused on a vegetable, grain, or bean (are beans vegetables? I guess they are legumes.) 🙂
Think outside the box a bit. Some ideas could be: Baked apples, whole-grain waffles, a great salad dressing, soups, guacamole, asian-style broccoli, potato curry… the possibilities are really endless. The meeting isn’t for another 2 1/2 weeks, so feel free to experiment with new recipes. These don’t need to be things you’ve ever made before today… but I do want you to make them at least one time before sending the recipe to the rest of us! 🙂
EDITORIAL NOTE: Obviously, if you’re hearing about this for the first time, the time to experiment has probably passed. Sorry about that. But please do send recipes you’ve made before!
Again, there’s nothing particularly wrong with a chicken dish or cheesy casserole, but I think we all have plenty of those kind of recipes in our arsenals already. 🙂 Hopefully this recipe exchange will shake things up a bit and give us some brand-new recipes and ideas.
Here’s what I’d like to do:
– As always, everyone is welcome to come to the meeting, recipes or no recipes.
– Whether you plan to come or not, we’d love to add your recipes to our exchange. I think the easiest way to do this is to email me the recipes and I can compile a master list to give to all those who attend or anyone who wants a copy via email.
– Let’s shoot for three recipes each, but if you have more… don’t be shy!
– If those of you who plan to attend will each bring a dish for all to taste (if possible), that would be great. If you need help coordinating this, just send me an email.
– Just to be clear, don’t feel like any recipe you submit has to be the end-all-and-be-all of healthy. It just needs to be something that you feel is healthy and that you’d like to share with the rest of us.
END OF GUIDELINES 🙂
There you have it!
I think I will plan on posting the recipes here on the blog and sending out an email copy as well. You are welcome to submit recipes in the comments or shoot me an email. Ideally, you’ll be able to do this prior to Tuesday night, but I’ll add your recipe to the bunch even if I don’t get it in time for the meeting. Thanks!