You can go ahead and skip this post if words like “dilated” make you feel uncomfortable.
If you are, however, in the category of people who ask me in public if my
mucous plug that-which-shall-not-be-named has come out… feel free to read on and relish in the details I’m about to divulge.
My doctor’s appointment at 37 weeks showed I was “softened” and “50% thinned” but not dilated. One week later, I was dilated to 1 1/2 and looking even more thinned. My doctor offered to schedule an induction for the 19th, and I told her I’d think about it.
While a scheduled induction at 39 weeks definitely had its appeal, Scott and I decided against it. I had started to feel contractions pretty much every day, and Scott and I realized we didn’t really want to rush this baby into the world. We want to avoid a C-section if at all possible, and felt like we also wanted the excitement and anticipation of not knowing when the baby would arrive.
So the update is… there is no update, really. Things are “progressing” but Baby Bean will come when she comes and we’re having a fun time waiting for her! 🙂