Err… I mean “Scott”. 🙂
We had a great day yesterday, celebrating both Easter and Scott’s birthday. He woke up to a nice pile of presents on the table with a special Big Boggle Birthday Game created by yours truly. I “boggled” words to describe Scott with the first letters spelling out H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y S-C-O-T-T and he had to find them (and other words) to rack up points before being allowed to open his presents.
In case you don’t know Scott, let me reassure you that this was fun for him. A word game first thing in the morning is a treat, not torture. Just thought I’d clear that up.
We also had a fun easter dinner with friends. We ate Hawaiian haystacks plus the homemade roasted garlic hummus and whole wheat pita (pitas? pitae?) Scott and I brought. The pita were easy to make and I was thrilled with the results. They were only 3/4 whole wheat this time so I’ll doctor the recipe and post it when I can pull off 100% whole wheat. But, I digress… back to Scott’s birthday.
In honor of this special day, I hereby present: Five Facts about Scott Bean!
1) He gives me French pedicures (including on the night before we got married!):
2) He and I share a love for chemistry, and spent many wonderful romantic
moments hours years studying chemistry together at BYU:
(Photo from when we were in Dover, England. They call pharmacists “chemists” there.)
3) He is the most fun person to be around. Ever. This is the time I got beached on a fountain in London, and we were both laughing so hard it took him a good long while before he hauled me up to sit next to him:
4) He is very driven. My first indication of this was the fact that he had to ask me out on three separate occasions before I finally said yes. My second indication was that on our first date, he wooed me with abandon. He showed up in a tux and took me to the nicest restaurant in Provo (and ate whole wheat tortillas and salsa as his only means of sustenance for like a month in order to afford it):
5) He owns a particular outfit that he knows I love on him, and he also knows I love it when he gels his hair. So when he showed up for class one morning when we were at BYU wearing this outfit, with his hair gelled and a huge grin on his face… I *knew* that he was going to propose that day. I dropped over $50 worth of glassware in my Organic chemistry lab because I kept looking over at him and getting all jittery.
When I was in labor with Mackenzie, he had to run home for a bit and he came back with his hair gelled, wearing my favorite outfit. Just to give me a boost. How thoughtful is that?
So if you see him wearing that outfit one day, you can be sure he’s making me smile. Actually, that’s a pretty safe bet any day of the year. Scott is always concerned about my happiness, and I love that he’s also a great father, son, brother, friend, etc. Happy Birthday Babe!