The blog got the shaft the last few weeks as I’ve been swamped at work, but I will be back with lots of good stuff just as soon as I get a little wiggle room in my schedule.
Why so much work? It’s holiday time at SmugMug and we have some fabulous new card designs and features coming. I’m burning the 2am oil most nights trying to get things locked and loaded before the real rush hits.
As such, I’m trying to find 10 hours a day to work while Mackenzie is asleep. She’s a good napper, but even still… my sleep time has been encroached upon. And as it turns out, when I’m forced to choose between sleep and blogging… sleep wins every time.
Explanatory Aside: When Mackenzie is awake, I do all my cooking, cleaning, laundry, exercising, etc. in addition to any urgent work stuff (conference calls, keeping up with email)… none of which is all that fun for her. Thus, I steer clear of all non-essential computer stuff when she’s up and able to play so as to maximize the fun factor around here.
I’m excited to get back to blogging (and sleeping) again soon, though.
Here’s what’s coming:
- Highlights from the 2009 MacAskill Reunion, a trip known in this house as The Week Mackenzie Kept Falling On Her Face. You can tide yourself over (and see wipeout #4) by viewing this epic video by my dad (turn up your sound):
- More nutrition stuff. More recipes. For better or worse, your comments have motivated me to be more transparent about what does and doesn’t work for us.
- Apple picking and our first foray with canning (homemade, peels-on, no-sugar, lovely-shade-of-red) applesauce:
- Our garden report and what I did with THIS much fresh basil:
- …and the bizarre story behind this photo:
And if you have any extra hours in your day, please send them my way. Thanks. 😀