I have been cleaning up and reorganizing the blog to be more helpful to people stopping by, and I came across a fun old post with a list of epic things and a note next to each one Scott or I have done.
Well, here is the sum total of apparently notable things we have accomplished in the 4 1/2 years since I posted that list:
06. Held a tarantula
09. Visited Paris
47. Slept in a castle – Well, a chateaux, but close enough for me!
62. Ridden a gondola in Venice – The photo shows us kissing by a canal, and we definitely road in boats there… was one of the boats a gondola? I remember not.
76. Raised children -They aren’t raised yet, but we’ve already put some time in.
97. Had a snake as a pet – Not really, but at least Scott made an appearance with a snake. That’s progress!
121. Saved someone’s life – Sometimes it hits me again what it means to be married to a doctor. It’s not an easy job but having something like this on your list is… amazing.
Far and away the things that blows my mind the most is #76. To think that when I posted the list we didn’t have any children, that I wasn’t a mother, boggles my mind. It’s such a huge part of who I am now.
Now what I really need to do is make a list of things I want to accomplish/do/see in this life. The list referenced above is fun, but not a perfect fit for us. Parasailing? Lame. Surviving an awful accident? Please no. Let’s skip the accident part entirely, mkay? I’d go with “hold your own grandchild” and “live on a boat for a month” instead.
What would you put on your list?