A brief update on Daniel:
What?! You want more than just the photo? Some subtext:
– I’m busy getting a passport for Daniel and Caitlyn for some fun summer travel plans (hence the white background).
– Daniel is healthy and well despite taking a tumble down the basement stairs. He was in Scott’s arms and his daddy instinctively protected him from harm. Scott’s toe did not fare as well and he’s still waiting for the break to heal.
– Daniel is healthy and well despite being a “bad” sleeper. He’s my only child so far who doesn’t just sleep through the night. He prefers to nurse every three hours and my best efforts have stretched him to 4 hours at night, occasionally 5. Cluster feeding, dream feeding, and waking him up consistently during the day to nurse have not convinced him that he will survive for longer without calories. In his defense, he is a GROWING boy and is now busting out of many of his 12 month clothes. He’s not quite six months old. *Yawn*.
– Daniel is healthy and well despite being separated from me for 24 hours while I stayed with his sister in the hospital, thanks to good friends who shuttled milk home and took great care of him. (His sister is also healthy and well now, but that’s another post.)
– His smile makes even my longest days (and nights) 100% worthwhile and fulfilling. I can’t get enough of those cheeks either.